Resource Writing Classes 1st, 6th, & 7th period
Monday – September 26
- Respond to the following prompt in your Writing journal–Title: “Short Story Writing Series Prompt – 2”.
- Teach R.A.C.E. strategy/anchor charts/notes.
- Use our Study Sync Mentor Text to focus on the RACE strategy.
- Practice answering questions about the text as a group.
- Break up into partners and take turns circling the text that supports our whole group answers.
Tuesday – September 27
- Respond to the following prompt in your Writing journal–Title: “Short Story Writing Series Prompt – 3”.
- Figurative Language Focus – Use the Mentor Text “Eleven” to identify other types of Figurative language we’ve studied.
- Figurative Language Scavenger Hunt – Partners
- Start your “Ugly Red Sweater” Project. (Eleven)
Wednesday – September 28
- Respond to the following prompt in your Writing journal– Title: “”Short Story Writing Series Prompt – 4″.
- Focus on finishing the Short Story we’ve been developing and writing.
- Read your story to a partner.
- IXL rotation if you are done with your Short Story Development.
Thursday – September 29
- Respond to the following prompt in your Writing journal–Title:”Short Story Writing Series Prompt – 5″.
- Discuss the theme and sequence of events for “Eleven”.
- Partner work to complete your activity.
- Finish your “Ugly Red Sweater” Project.
Friday – September 30
- Respond to the following prompt in your daily journal–Title: “FriYay”– Write down a memory, quote, phrase, or positive thought that makes you feel Happy and add it to our “JOY JAR”. Please use complete sentences and keep it school appropriate.
- If you are not finished with your Short Story continue working on it.
- Continue reading our novel series as a class.
Disclaimer: Weekly lesson plans may change or be modified based on student progress on any given day.